- Open 14 December 2012 – 2 April 2013
- Monday – Friday 10.00 am – 3.30pm (last entry 3.30pm, Gallery closes at 5pm)
- Friday from 1 March 2013 10am – 5.30pm (last entry 5.30pm, Gallery closes at 7pm)
- Saturday 10 am – 5.30pm (last entry 5.30pm, Gallery closes 7pm)
- Sunday 10 am – 3.30pm (last entry 3.30pm, Gallery closes at 5pm)
- Please visit the ticketing part of our site for full details.
When you purchase your tickets, you will be asked to choose a date and time when you would like to see the exhibition. Tickets are sold every hour from 10am. With a timed ticket, a pre-established number of guests can enter during each session. This will allow for minimal queues if any and will enhance your viewing experience by limiting the number of patrons in the exhibition at the one time. The Gallery closes 1 hour after the last session.
Parking and access during 'Enlighten'
As part of the Enlighten Festival and the Centenary of Canberra Celebrations please note that there will be several road closures. From 6pm – 1am Friday 8 and Saturday 9 March King George Terrace (Between Parkes Place East and Parkes Place West) will be closed. On Monday 11 March various roads will be closed for Canberra Day - check here for further details . Please note that the National Gallery Car parks will both be open and will be accessible off Bowen Drive and the Parkes Place East.
Click here for parking information
- Tickets – Ticketek 132 849 or ticketek.com.au
- Recorded information +61 2 6240 6501
- General information +61 2 6240 6411
- For visitors with mobility difficulties +61 2 6240 6411
- General email enquiries
- Membership – 1800 020 068
Family activity room
- 10.15am - 4.45pm Mon-Fri. Please note from 2 February the room will close at 2.45pm.
- 10.15am - 4.45pm Sat-Sun + Pub holidays (ACT)
Become a member
Join now and receive one complimentary ticket plus annual National Gallery member benefits. Join here
The exhibition shop offers a beautiful product range including the informative and lavishly illustrated catalogue. The exhibition book is a great addition to any art lover’s collection.
$39.95 special NGA shop price
Free call 1800 808 337 | mail order and email orders
Thirty second TV commercial
Audio and Guided tours
The audio tour provides an interesting narration that guides you through the exhibition. An adult tour and a children's tour are available. These can be pre purchased through Ticketek when you purchase your ticket or purchased from the Audio Tour desk outside the exhibition.
- $6.00 Single
- $10.00 (shared)
- $6.00 Children's audio tour
Guides are in attendance. Guided exhibition tours available if crowds permit. Guided tour times are 10.15am, 12.15pm and 2.15pm daily.
Novotel Canberra is the accommodation partner and proud supporter of the National Gallery of Australia's Toulouse-Lautrec: Paris & the Moulin Rouge exhibition. Novotel Canberra is offering a special overnight accommodation package* for Toulouse-Lautrec which includes one night’s accommodation, buffet breakfast and untimed tickets to the exhibition for two people.
- Package from $189 per room per night. Click here for more information.
For more information about how to get to the National Gallery of Australia please go to our go to this page
The Gallery Cafe, overlooking the Sculpture Garden, serves a wide range of morning, afternoon tea and lunch options. Breakfast is available all day and all pastries and tarts are baked on site. A carefully selected range of wines is available and the lunch blackboard menu offers something more substantial
- Open daily 10.00am – 4.30pm.
Sculpture Garden Restaurant
Surrounded by nature and art, enjoy the unique outdoor dining experience of the Sculpture Garden Restaurant. The restaurant offers a refined menu inspired by France and a diverse wine list.
- For reservations: (02) 6240 6660
- Open for lunch Wednesday to Sunday 12 – 2pm (Closes 31 March 2013)
- Download menu here
Positioned at the main entrance to the National Gallery of Australia, the Street Cafe is the perfect place to meet for coffee and a snack. Relax at a table or take away and enjoy in the Sculpture Garden.
- Open daily 9.00am – 4.30pm.
Located in the Sculpture Garden Restaurant, Sculpture Bar is a great place to kick up your heels, enjoy the stunning gardens and catch up with friends with a range of drinks, bar snacks and tunes from resident DJs.
- Open every Friday until the end of March 2013.
- Bar open 5.00 – 9.30pm
- Download menu here