National Summer Art Scholarship 2015
10 – 17 January 2015
phone +61 2 6240 6632
The NAB passionate about supporting Australian communities and helping young artists reach their potential. Learn more at nab.com.au
Artist, conservator, curator, designer, educator, multimedia, public relations, publishing…
There’s more to a career in the visual arts than meets the eye!
If you are in Year 11 and interested in art, you can spend a week this summer at the National Gallery of Australia, Canberra.
Become one of sixteen students selected from around the nation—two from each state and territory—to participate in the National Summer Art Scholarship in 2015.
The scholarship program offers an opportunity to engage with the staff at the National Gallery of Australia, as well as other arts professionals, artists and your peers from around the nation.
'I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity! I loved every moment. The enthusiasm and passion everyone shared truly inspired me.'
2014 National Summer Art Scholarship
- Discover the national art collection and learn how works of art are acquired and exhibitions developed.
- Go behind the scenes to experience the workings of the Gallery.
- Participate in workshops and receive expert tuition from Gallery staff and professional artists.
The scholarship includes:
- the opportunity to experience the National Gallery of Australia’s dynamic environment and to meet the visual arts professionals who work there
- a return airfare to Canberra from your nearest airport
- accommodation at the 4-star hotel, The Brassey of Canberra. All meals, including celebratory dinner at the Belmore Restaurant at The Brassey
- free membership to the National Gallery of Australia in 2014
- free entry to the summer exhibition.
To apply you must be:
- an Australian citizen
- in Year 11 in 2014 and interested in the visual arts.
Your application must include:
- the application form completed in full
- your own visual response to Cameron Robbins Wind Drawing: 20-03-24-04-2013 98 hrs-var jevn dogn NKD (equinox) 2013. Your response can be two-dimensional on an A4 page or three-dimensional with maximum size of 29.7 x 21 x 10 cm or submit via Dropbox and send an email to share download location.
- a written response about your visual submission and how it relates to Cameron Robbins Wind Drawing: 20-03-24-04-2013 98 hrs-var jevn dogn NKD (equinox) 2013 (maximum of one A4 page)
2015 National Summer Art Scholarship students
- Mr Mitch Mahoney, Linuwel School, NSW
- Ms Constanza Zamora, Gosford High School, NSW
- Mr Daniel Boland, Catholic Regional College SYD, VIC
- Ms Julia Onufreichuk, Korowa Anglican Girls School, VIC
- Ms April Hanson, Launceston College, TAS
- Ms Ruby Edwards, The Friends' School, TAS
- Mr Tristan Kane, Mirani State High School, QLD
- Ms Tiana Holder, Canterbury College, QLD
- Mr Caelen Bailey, Darwin High School, NT
- Mr Charles Cruz, St. John's Catholic College, NT
- Ms Imogen Bradbury, John Curtain College of the Arts, WA
- Ms Millicent Graham, Mount Barker Community College, WA
- Mr Ben Abanat, Emmaus Christian College, SA
- Mr Ed Condon, Mercedes College, SA
- Ms Megan Wilkinson, Erindale College, ACT
- Ms Sydney Farey, Narrabundah College, ACT
See the 2014 students experience on Flickr...