Family Activity Room
About the room
- Open 14 December 2012 – 2 April 2013
- 10.15 am – 2.45 pm Mon-Fri.
- 10.15 am – 4.45 pm Sat-Sun + Pub holidays (ACT)
The Toulouse-Lautrec: Paris & the Moulin Rouge Family Activity Room has been designed to reflect the life of the café concert and activity on the streets of Paris in the late 19th Century. Celebrating the dynamism of contemporary life, the café concerts were new venues where people from all walks of life met, including at the famous Moulin Rouge and Le Chat Noir (the black cat).
Pre-booking is not possible. If the room is full, staff may request a family returns in 10 mins
- Free of charge upon entry to exhibition.
- Entry via Room 4 of the exhibition.
- A children’s audio tour ansd exhibition trail are also available
- View childrens events
Visitors to the Family Activity Room will move from the gas-lit Parisian street to the theatrical interior of a café concert. They will be able to design a poster inspired by cafe life in 19th-century Paris, create a silhouette for a shadow theatre production and perform in the footlights in costumes inspired by the era. Located within the exhibition, this room has educational activities for children aged 3 – 12 and their families.