Dates + times
- 23 October 2010 – 6 February 2011
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm every day (except Christmas day)
- In the spotlight is a National Gallery of Australia travelling exhibition. For tour itinerary, please see travelling exhibitions
- Recorded information +61 2 6240 6501
- General information +61 2 6240 6411
- For visitors with mobility difficulties +61 2 6240 6411
- General email enquiries email@example.com
On the south side of Lake Burley Griffin, the Gallery is adjacent to the High Court and The National Portrait Gallery, walking distance from the National Library and Old Parliament House.
National Gallery of Australia
Canberra ACT 2600
- Geo code for GPS: -35.300096,149.136311
- Get detailed directions here (Google maps)
To familiarise yourself with how to find us you can also view some video of the approaches to the National Gallery.
While you are here take the opportunity to discover, or rediscover, the national collection.
Please see our must see list.
At peak times please be aware that it may be difficult locating a parking space.
The National Gallery has two car parks.
See map below
- Underground (off Parkes Place)
opens at 9:50 am and has a 3-hour limit.
- Aboveground (off Bowen Drive)
opens at 9:45 am and has no time limit. Access to the Gallery from this car park is via the Sculpture Garden.
- Accessible parking for people with limited mobility is available in both NGA car parks. Assisted lift access to the Gallery is available from the underground car park off Parkes Place.
Catch the bus
Catching the bus is recommended due to limited parking. The closest bus stop to the National Gallery is only a 5-minute walk away. For additional details call the ACT bus Customer Service Centre on 131710 or visit action.act.gov.au
- Weekday routes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 63, 80, 727
- Saturday and Sunday routes 934, 938
A hop on–hop off tourist minibus services the NGA daily. For more information and bookings see Explorer Bus
Taxis can drop off at the front entrance of the National Gallery.
- Call Cabxpress 6260 6011
- Canberra Cabs 13 2227
- For wheelchair access cabs call 612 615 596
Anton Bruehl Woman in furs 1937 for Vogue, 1 February 1937 National Gallery of Australia Research Library
Walking / Cycling
From the city to the Gallery will take approx. 30 minutes walking or 10 minutes cycling. A walk from the Bus Depot Markets car park (available Mon-Sat) will take 20 minutes (see map below).
There�s lots to see and do in the national capital. If you�re visiting from interstate or overseas find out more information at visitcanberra.com.au