The National Gallery of Australia (the Gallery) is an independent Commonwealth statutory authority within the Ministry of the Arts which is part of the Department of Communications and the Arts. The Gallery is one of Australia's major cultural institutions.
To be considered for a vacancy at the National Gallery you must be an Australian citizen or eligible to apply for Australian citizenship within a reasonable period of time. If you accept a job offer from us you will need to provide evidence of citizenship and undertake a security check. Medical clearances and a probationary period of employment will apply for ongoing positions and non-ongoing positions of 12 months or more.
The Gallery has a diverse workforce of 280 staff and seeks to attract staff who are self-motivated and professional in their approach, for work in a challenging and rewarding environment. The Gallery is a great place to work, with employees enjoying many benefits—which include:
- being part of a team that is recognised internationally for the quality of its collection;
- being part of an organisation that is highly respected in the art community, both nationally and internationally;
- opportunity to further develop skills and experience;
- access to generous superannuation benefit schemes;
- flexibility in work, and flexible working conditions;
- challenging and enjoyable work; and
- gaining a unique work experience;