Development, Marketing & Commercial
NGA Level 4/5
Position No. 4006
The occupant of this position reports to the Corporate Sponsorship Manager and is responsible for providing project, relationship management and administrative support for corporate sponsorship activities within the Development, Marketing and Commercial Operations program.
- Provide support for the Corporate Sponsorship Manager and Assistant Director, DMCO including: project and event management, correspondence with sponsors, drafting sponsorship editorial for Gallery publications and assisting with exhibition openings.
- Develop strong relationships with current corporate member sponsors and ensure that all sponsorship benefits are received and delivered in a timely manner.
- Manage accommodation sponsors. Liaise with internal stakeholders in relation to uptake of accommodation for guests and VIPs as necessary.
- Undertake research on corporations, media organisations and government departments to support corporate sponsorship activities of the Gallery.
- Manage, maintain and update the Sponsorship database, sponsors record and sponsorship section of the Gallery website to ensure accuracy and currency of information.
- Assist in the preparation of reports including sponsorship proposals, reports, briefing notes and acquittals to support the Corporate Sponsorship Manager and Assistant Director, DMCO.
- Strong relationship management with demonstrated experience in corporate fundraising.
- Well developed organisational and administrative skills, with demonstrated ability to work accurately with attention to detail, managing competing priorities and deadlines under limited supervision in a small team environment.
- Well developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and delivering successful corporate events involving multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in data entry and management of a CRM database including sound financial management practices. Experience in Raiser’s Edge would be an advantage.
- Ability to promote and apply the principles of workplace diversity and participative management practices.
Job Specific WH&S Requirements / Information for Supervisor and Occupant
The Sponsorship Coordinator is expected to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure the health and safety of all by supporting and participating in initiatives aimed at improving health and safety in the Gallery, particularly through the process of continuous improvement. This includes ensuring tasks and procedures are undertaken in a manner which safeguards the health and safety of Gallery employees, contractors, volunteers and visitors and ensuring the Gallery’s legal obligation for WH&S is met in relation to systems of work
Within 1 month of commencing in the position the occupant, in discussion with his/her supervisor, must complete an Individual Development and Performance Agreement and Health and Safety Responsibilities checklist to identify any section specific WH&S issues and training required.
Position Number: 4006
Title: Sponsorship Coordinator
Classification: NGA Level 5/6
Section: Corporate Sponsorship
Immediate supervisor: Corporate Sponsorship Manager
Hours per week: Full time 37.5