Executive and Project Assistant to the
Assistant Director Development, Marketing and Commercial Operations (DMCO)
NGA Level 4/5
Position No. 2018
This position is responsible for providing administrative and project support to the DMCO functional areas while managing the day to day communication and administration functions between the office of the Assistant Director, DMCO, Deputy Director's Office, Foundation Chairman's Office, as well as key corporate, government and community stakeholders.
- Manage the office of the Assistant Director, DMCO with day-to-day matters relating to the general administration of the office and the DMCO Program including:
- Arranging appointments and organising meetings;
- Records maintenance and filing;
- Recording minutes at meetings and following up on action items;
- Ordering Stores for DMCO and Marketing Departments;
- Overseeing HR policy and process requirements for the DMCO program; and
- Managing travel contra arrangements and organising travel bookings for the Assistant Director and other Departmental staff as required.
- Liaise directly with senior representatives of corporate sponsors, donors, media partners, Office of the Arts, ACT Government, ACT Tourism, Canberra Business Council, expert consultants and Gallery suppliers by responding to requests, coordinating meetings and timely communication across the DMCO program, involving relevant Program Managers and other internal stakeholders as required.
- Develop correspondence including letters, business proposals and presentations on behalf of the Assistant Director DMCO, Director and other senior managers in the Gallery.
- Liaise with senior managers in the Program on issues relating to the delivery of special projects and administration of the DMCO Program.
- Develop award submissions, business proposals and project plans for projects that involve an integrated approach across multiple functional areas of the DMCO program and other areas of the Gallery.
- Provide organisational and program coordination and project management support in consultation with internal and external stakeholders for DMCO special projects, promotions, events and activities to achieve Gallery strategic and commercial objectives
- Monitor and report special project budgets, process invoices and performance against budget to Assistant Director DMCO.
- Well developed project management, organisational and administrative skills, including accurate data entry and information retrieval using a CRM database. Experience in Raiser's Edge would be an advantage.
- Highly developed oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively engage with external and internal stakeholders, including representatives of Government agencies, media, high profile corporate partners and donors.
- Highly developed written communication skills with the ability to develop accurate and relevant business correspondence, creative proposals and award submissions.
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills with demonstrated experience in project coordination ensuring attention to detail, while managing competing priorities and deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion and sound judgment in dealing with high profile stakeholders and with sensitive and confidential issues as they arise.
- Commitment to the principles of workplace diversity and participative management.
Job Specific WH&S Requirements / Information for Supervisor and Occupant
The Executive and Project Assistant is expected to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure the health and safety of all by supporting and participating in initiatives aimed at improving health and safety in the Gallery, particularly through the process of continuous improvement. This includes ensuring tasks and procedures are undertaken in a manner which safeguards the health and safety of NGA employees, contractors, volunteers and visitors and ensuring the Gallery's legal obligations for WH&S is met in relation to systems of work.
Within 1 month of commencing in the position the occupant, in discussion with his/her supervisor, must complete an Individual Development and Performance Agreement and Health and Safety Responsibilities checklist to identify any section Job Specific WH&S Requirements.
Position No: 2018
Position: Executive & Project Assistant
Classification: NGA Level 4/5
Section: Development, Marketing & Commercial Operations (DMCO)
Supervisor: Assistant Director, DMCO
Hours per week: 37.5